The Concept2 Model E is the latest in the series offered by this brand and an upgrade of our top rated rowing machine, the Concept2 Model D.
It is built to be commercial-like quality and delivers realistic air-resistance and a strong and smooth performance. The Model E is packaged with several upgrades not seen in its predecessor, such as a long monitor arm, nickel-plated chain and higher seat.
While the Concept2 Model E is able to benefit from the extra features, there is the issue of having a very high price tag.
Description of the Concept2 Model E
Very solid machine, the Concept2 Model E is one of the high-end rowing machines that provide a great all-round workout that engages major muscle groups (arms, core and legs). Let’s take a look at the most appealing features of this model:
- Monitor your progress. This Concept2 has monitor technology built-in to simplify your options to control your fitness progress. The PM5 is an advanced piece of kit that is very accurate and easy to use, while also giving the option to compare your past performance. The monitor is backlit to be visible in low-light environments. It is mounted to a long monitor arm for convenient reach. Additionally, with the appropriate kit it is possible to monitor your heart rate.
- Quiet and smooth flywheel action. The flywheel and damper give you complete control over the amount of effort needed to reach the desired workout. A conveniently placed damper gives the option to adjust the flywheel’s airflow for the preferred resistance on each stroke.
- Commercial-grade construction. The rugged aesthetics of the Concept2 Model E help to create a solid platform for cardio activity and practical for both gym and home use.
- User-friendly mobility and storage. The Concept2 Model E is built with a quick-release frame system that makes it possible to split the rower into two pieces for easy mobility and storage. Also, the front legs on the rower have castor wheels for ease in moving around the home gym.
- Comfortable chair height. There are plenty of rowing machines that make you feel like you are virtually sitting on the floor. But, the Concept2 Model E has a chair height of 20 inches, which is likely to be 6 inches more than most other rowers. The option to sit higher off the ground is favorable for those with flexibility issues or limited mobility.
- Generous user capacity. The Concept2 Model E is a fantastic rowing machine for virtually all users with its 500 lbs user capacity. Also, it stands at a decent size – 9-ft by 4-ft – to provide the type of equipment that is still practical for taller users.
The Concept2 Model E Indoor Rower is built to give the type of performance seen at a local gym. Let’s take a look at the many pros and cons associated with this machine to get a proper all-round appreciation of its qualities:
- A solid built rowing machine that is practical for all users from the full-time athletes to the complete beginners
- Useful third-party software support and connectivity
- Assembly is relatively effortless and likely to take in the region of 30-45 minutes to complete
- The user weight capacity is generous at 500 lbs which should be more than enough
- The front positioned monitor is packed with useful feature to help keep an eye on your progress
- LCD display is backlit for ease in checking the stats in low-lit rooms
- Very solid platform to offer a rower with no height limitations
- Damper setting to adjust the rowing resistance to increased difficulty for those with experience
- Enjoy extra data info by connecting to a heart rate monitor wirelessly
- Packaged with a solid warranty
- Easy mobility with castor wheels on front legs
- Rowing machine splits into two pieces for easy storage
- The Model E is one of the more expensive rowing machine models in the market
- Mostly quiet with the rowing/seat action, but the air-resistance flywheel may be noticeable when in full flow. It is likely to sound much-like a large fan.
- Seat may start to feel a little uncomfortable after a long session
Overall, the Concept2 Model E Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 is a bit expensive, but it is a great machine that shows its quality. One of the most pleasing features is the chair height, which is about 6 inches higher than those in the gym. If you have the space at home and interested in low-impact exercise, the Model E is highly likely to be a very appealing option. However, if you aren’t concerned with the chair height, the Concept2 Model D is just as solid built and comes at the more affordable price.